Last updated: October 7, 2022
The Affordable Care Act (known as ACA or the health care reform law) makes it easier for everyone to get insurance and access to health care.
You may be eligible for Medicaid or a qualified health plan through Maryland’s health insurance marketplace, Maryland Health Connection.
Our staff can help you find the best health care coverage options for you and your family.
Medical Assistance Eligibility Program assists with filling out Medical Assistance applications over the phone and in person. Please call 443-510-7784 to make an appointment to be seen in person or request assistance over the phone. If you have general questions about Medical Assistance, or if you have questions about your case please call 410-222-4792.
We provide in-person assistance at the following locations:
|Annapolis Health Center
3 Harry S.Truman Parkway
Annapolis, MD 21401
Closed Monday, October 10, 2022.
791 Aquahart Road
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
|Closed Monday, October 10, 2022.
Please call 443-510-7784 for assistance.
|Lula G. Scott
6243 ShadySide Rd.
Shady Side, MD 20764
|Every other Thursday
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please bring the following information and items with you.
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for any legal immigrants who need insurance)
- Birthdates and general information about you and your family members who are also applying for health coverage
- Your State-Issued Photo ID
- Birth Certificate, Passport, Permanent Resident Card or a Naturalization Certificate for everyone in your household
- Employer and income information. Proof of one month’s income for everyone in your household (e.g., paystubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance for everyone in your household
- Information about any job-related health insurance available to your family
To learn more about health care coverage,
go to www.marylandhealthconnection.gov.