2023-2025 Strategic Plan
We are pleased to share the Anne Arundel County Department of Health’s Strategic Plan for 2023-2025. This plan lays out our shared vision for how our county advances public health and our role as a Department in leading this effort.
Community Health Needs Assessment
The Community Health Needs Assessment Report-2022 is a joint undertaking by the Healthy Anne Arundel Coalition, and contains comprehensive information about the health needs and health behavior of Anne Arundel County residents.
Report Card of Community Health Indicators
The annual Report Card of Community Health Indicators provides a brief overview of the health status of Anne Arundel County. The reports contain information on demographics, mortality and leading causes of death, selected health indicators and special health concerns.
Alcohol and Substance Use Disorder Reports
- Opioid-Involved Overdoses Report: Demographics, Risk Factors, Impacts and Response, 2015-2018
- Opioid Poisoning-Related Emergency Department Visits, 2010-2014
- Recovery: Follow-up Survey, 2019
- Substance Use: Consumption and Perceptions Among Anne Arundel County Youth Ages 12-20, September 1, 2013
Adolescent Reports and Surveys
- High School Survey Summary Tables, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2016
- High School Survey, Risk Behaviors and Sexual Identity Report, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2016
- Middle School Survey Summary Tables, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2016
- High School Survey Summary Tables, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2014
- High School Survey, Risk Behaviors and Sexual Identity Report, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2014
- Middle School Survey Summary Tables, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2014
Teen Birth Rates and Contraceptive Use in the County, March 2019
Teens and Sexual Health, March 2019
Youth Suicide: Trends in Youth Suicide in Anne Arundel County 2012-2016. This report has data on attempted and completed suicides among Anne Arundel County youth ages 10-24. It includes strategies on suicide prevention and intervention.
Youth Suicide Report, September 2014 - An Assessment of Young Suicide Behavior in Anne Arundel County 2008-2012
Board of Health and County Council Presentation
Gun Violence Intervention in Anne Arundel County
Health Disparities in Anne Arundel County
Infant Health in Anne Arundel County
These reports provide a summary of causes and risk factors for infant deaths in Anne Arundel County. The information has helped the Department of Health, in its partnership with other government agencies, health care professionals and community leaders, to develop strategies to reduce infant mortality in the County.
Overweight and Obesity in Anne Arundel County
These reports summarize the prevalence of overweight and obesity in Anne Arundel County and identify risk factors for overweight and related health problems.
Maryland and United States Health Statistics
- Data Guide - County, State and National, July 2014
- Maryland Department of Health, Vital Statistics Administration
- Maryland Drug Overdose Data and Reports
- Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey Reports
- CDC Wonder - U.S. Centers for Disease Control
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. County Health Rankings
Healthy Food Access
- South County Community Food Assessment
- Access to Healthy Food and Physical Activity in Brooklyn Park July 2019
- Food and Physical Activity Policy Scan Results 2018