Important Update for Medicaid Recipients. Starting in May 2023 some individuals on Medicaid may no longer be able to continue receiving benefits. Learn More.
The Affordable Care Act (known as ACA or the health care reform law) makes it easier for everyone to get insurance and access to health care.
You may be eligible for Medical Assistance (Medicaid) or a qualified health plan through Maryland’s health insurance marketplace, Maryland Health Connection.
Our staff can help you find the best health care coverage options for you and your family.
Medical Assistance Eligibility Program assists with filling out Medical Assistance (Medicaid) applications over the phone and in person. Please call 443-510-7784 to make an appointment to be seen in person or request assistance over the phone.
We provide in-person assistance at the following locations:
Annapolis Health Center
3 Harry S. Truman Parkway,
Annapolis, MD 21401
Monday - Friday,
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed for Lunch,
12:00 p.m - 1:00 p.m.
791 Aquahart Road,
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Lula G. Scott
6243 ShadySide Road,
Shady Side, MD 20764
Every second and fourth Tuesday,
9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Please bring the following information and items with you.
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for any legal immigrants who need insurance)
- Birthdates and general information about you and your family members who are also applying for health coverage
- Your State-Issued Photo ID
- Birth Certificate, Passport, Permanent Resident Card or a Naturalization Certificate for everyone in your household
- Employer and income information. Proof of one month’s income for everyone in your household (e.g., paystubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance for everyone in your household
- Information about any job-related health insurance available to your family
What is Medicaid?
Medicaid provides free health coverage to eligible low-income adults, children, and pregnant women. Medicaid is administered by states, according to federal requirements.
What is Medical Assistance for Families/MCHP?
Medical Assistance For Families/MCHP is a health insurance program for Maryland residents that offers full medical benefits to:
- Parents or other family members caring for children
- Children up to age 21
- Pregnant people of any age
What is MCHP Premium?
MCHP Premium is a health insurance program for Maryland residents whose family income is higher than the family income limit of Medical Assistance for Families/MCHP. MCHP Premium applicants fill out the same application as MCHP applicants, and MCHP Premium offers full medical benefits to children up to age 19.
What is Medical Assistance for Single Adults?
Medicaid has been expanded to offer medical benefits to single childless adults up to age 65.
Medicaid Expansion for non-citizen pregnant Marylanders
Starting July 1, 2023 non-citizen pregnant Marylanders who would otherwise be eligible for Medicaid but for their immigration status may now be eligible for coverage. This means that pregnant women who meet the other Medicaid enrollment requirements except for citizenship will be eligible for full Medicaid coverage. This includes those who are undocumented or are on visas that would otherwise not allow them to apply for Medicaid. For more information, please visit health.maryland.gov/healthybabies.
For more information on Medicaid, please visit health.maryland.gov/mmcp/Pages/home.aspx.
To learn more about health care coverage and how to apply for qualified health plans through Maryland Health Connections, visit www.marylandhealthconnection.gov.