Home Visits and Case Management
The Department of Health offers free home visits for those who qualify.
Eligible for our free home visiting program if:
- has moderate or severe asthma
- is under 19 years old
- lives in Anne Arundel County
- gets Medicaid/MCHP or qualifies for Medicaid/MCHP
- has lead poisoning - blood lead level of 3.5 µg/dL or higher
What to Expect During a Home Visit
Our trained team will work with you to find a convenient time to meet. During the home visit, the Nurse/Parent Educator will:
- Review asthma medications and personalized asthma action plan
- Coach proper medication delivery and equipment cleaning techniques
- Educate on identifying ways to minimize lead or asthma triggers
- Provide supplies to decrease asthma triggers and lead dust in the home, for eligible families*
- Cleaning supplies - for example, HEPA vacuum, microfiber mop
- Mattress/pillow encasement
- Rodent and pest traps
- Offer referrals to community resources
*Medicaid recipients are eligible for supplies. Lower socioeconomic military and uninsured children are currently eligible due to special funding.
Free interpretation services available during home visits. Call 410-222-7003 with questions.