Last updated: October 15, 2018
The Department of Health offers free or low-cost health care services for Anne Arundel County adults. Click on the topics at the right for more information on available services.
- Maryland Insurance Administration MIA regulates the Maryland insurance industry.
- Programs for the Uninsured
- Health Ideas for Men (HIM) Magazine
- Prostate Cancer (Anne Arundel County Department of Health Learn To Live Program)
Call the telephone numbers below for further information on fees, eligibility requirements and appointments for the women’s health services.
- Breast and Cervical Cancer – cancer prevention information, free Pap tests, breast exams and mammograms for income-eligible women over 40 years of age – 410-222-6180
- Fish Facts for Pregnant Women, Nursing Mothers and Children Age 6 and Younger
- Free Department of Health Services for Children and Pregnant Women
- Healthy Start – case management, home visiting, outreach and other services to prevent injuries and deaths to prenatal, postpartum and high-risk infants and children up to age 2 – 410-222-7177
- MCHP (Medical Assistance for Families) – health insurance program for eligible pregnant women, family members caring for children, and children – 410-222-4792
- Planning a Healthy Pregnancy (CDC)
- Pregnancy testing – Glen Burnie Health Center, 410-222-6633, and Parole Health Center, 410-222-7247.
- Prescription Discount Program
- REACH (Residents Access to a Coalition of Health) Health Care – Offers low-cost health care to adults ages 19-64 who have no health insurance and are income-eligible.
- Reproductive Health Services Low-Cost Care Resources
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) – free, supplemental food and tips on healthy eating for eligible pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women and children up to age 5 – 410-222-6797