- 1 can (20-ounce) pineapple chunks (juice packed)
- 1 can (16-ounce) pear halves (juice packed)
- 1 can (16-ounce) sliced peaches (juice packed)
- 1 can (16-ounce) apricot halves (juice packed)
- 1 1/4 cup lemon or vanilla low fat yogurt
- 1 cup granola
- Cinnamon, if desired*
Drain each can of fruit very well. Cut the pear halves several times each and the peaches and apricots once. Mix them all together in a medium sized bowl. Pour the yogurt over the top and blend together gently. Spoon into 5 different bowls and sprinkle the granola on top.
Notes: Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top to add extra zest.
Makes 5 servings.
Per serving: 320 calories. Fat: 4 grams. Saturated Fat: 1 gram. Sodium: 70 milligrams. Total Carbohydrates: 70 grams. Fiber: 9 grams. Protein: 8 grams.
Recipe adapted from FruitsandVeggiesMoreMatters.org
Image courtesy of Burger Baroness/Flickr