Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomatoes, no sodium added
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound peeled shrimp
- 1/8 tsp. each salt, pepper and saffron
Heat olive oil in oven safe large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Stir for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add rice, red pepper, zucchini and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Stir for another 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except shrimp and stir. Place skillet in oven. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Add shrimp. Return to oven and bake until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Serving size 1/4 recipe: 510 calories. Total Fat: 11g. Saturated Fat: 2g. Sodium: 360 mg. Total Carbohydrates: 64g. Fiber: 9g. Protein: 37g.
Recipe adapted from fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org.