Last updated: May 16, 2022
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium taco seasoning (1/2 1-ounce packet), divided
- 1 pound (4 total) cod or white fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded red or green cabbage
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro and 1 Tbsp. seasoning mix. In medium bowl, combine cod, oil, lemon juice and remaining seasoning mix; pour into large skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork. Fill warm tortillas with fish mixture. Top with cabbage, tomato, sour cream mixture and lime wedges.
Makes 6 servings.
Serving size 1/6 recipe: 270 Calories. Total Fat: 7g. Saturated Fat: 0g. Sodium: 400mg. Total Carbohydrates: 37g. Fiber: 4g. Protein: 16g.
Recipe adapted from fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org.