Bureau of School Health and Support
School Health Services
Temporary County Contractual 10-Month Position with Benefits
Date Posted: 10.7.21
Date Closing: 10.21.21
Location: 791 Aquahart Road, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Salary: $16.70 per hour
Nature of Work: Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of the Bureau of School Health and Support, this position provides clerical and data entry support to the School Health Services COVID-19 Response Team. The School Health COVID-19 Response Team provides case investigation and contact tracing assistance to over 300 School Health registered nurses and support staff assigned to health rooms in 128 Anne Arundel County Public School (AACPS) buildings, serving 85,000 students. Specific duties assigned to this position include:
- Provides continuous daily data entry support under the direction of the School Health COVID-19 Response Team. Utilizes AACPS, AACDOH and School Health applications to look up and enter contact tracing and results information in a timely manner. Current applications include PowerSchool, App19, CRISP and Google Suite.
- Participates in trainings and other learning opportunities to remain knowledgeable of changes to any current or new applications.
- Provides general information tracking support to assist in completion of case investigation and contact tracing for the School Health COVID-19 Response Team. Information tracking activities could include making phone calls to school-based School Health staff to obtain missing student information related to COVID-19 cases, e.g., dates, close contacts, receipt of results and physician notes. Maintain records in an organized manner. Participates in staff meetings virtually as scheduled.
- Participates in regular and consistent daily communication with the COVID-19 Response Team, including Director, Deputy Director and Contact Tracing Team regarding data entry status, feedback and trends.
- Complies with confidentiality requirements under FERPA, HIPAA, other federal and state laws and regulations, and School Health guidelines.
- Performs backup clerical and data entry duties for the School Health COVID-19 Response Team at other School Health work sites as needed. Employee must have transportation available to report to alternate work sites on short notice during normal work hours.
- Is available during school hours as well as evenings and weekends as needed.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months of clerical training with three courses in subjects, such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette, that may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to: to Isha Alston, School Health Services, 791 Aquahart Road, Third Floor, Glen Burnie, MD 21061, or email to email@example.com by October 21, 2021.
An Equal Opportunity Employer