Bureau of Behavioral Health
Road to Recovery Program
Full-time County Contractual with Benefits
Date Posted: 1.10.22
Date Closing: 1.24.22
Location: Various locations throughout the County. The home base will be at Behavioral Health Services, South County, 839 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
Salary: $18.50 per hour.
Hours: Core hours for the position are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Benefits: Participation in the County’s group health plan (including dental, prescription and optical), paid holidays, annual and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the County’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: The selected candidate will function as a non-clinical, peer-based professional who will engage, educate and support individuals to make the life changes necessary to recover from disabling mental illness and/or substance use disorder conditions. The candidate will be responsible for facilitating the care and streamlining handoffs with other parties in the county healthcare system, and ensuring that Wellmobile participants receive the appropriate continuing care. Key tasks include:
- Promoting timely access to appropriate care
- Assisting clients with navigating the service delivery system
- Creating and promoting adherence to a recovery plan, developed in coordination with the client and, when appropriate, providers and family/caregivers
- Facilitating client engagement and follow-up in treatment
- Increasing the client’s ability for self-management and shared decision making
- Connecting clients to relevant community resources with the goal of enhancing client health and recovery
Bachelor’s degree or an associate degree with at least two years of working in the behavioral health field.
- Must be able to provide a personal statement describing what skills and abilities he/she has to offer to this field of work.
- Experience working with individuals on medications for opioid-use disorders.
- Must be able to maintain daily contact notes and submit monthly reports timely and accurately.
- Must be able to coach and model effective coping skills and develop a relationship of rapport and trust.
- Strong communication skills with other health professionals, co-workers and clients.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional demeanor.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to: Sheri Streit, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email email@example.com by January 24, 2022.
An Equal Opportunity Employer