Last updated: May 16, 2022
Try this delicious whole-grain recipe with your choice of dried fruit, nuts and baking chips.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 3 cups quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup raisins or choice dried fruit, diced
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well. Add oats, dried fruit, chocolate chips and nuts, mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, and then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Per cookie: 96 calories. Fat: 4 grams. Sodium: 31 milligrams. Fiber: 1 gram. Total Carbohydrates: 14 grams. Protein: 1 gram.
Recipe adapted from quakeroats.com.