- 1 cup skinless, cooked chicken (diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 15.5-ounce can low-sodium white beans (drained and rinsed with cold water)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 red or white onion (peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil or parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Notes: Try with tuna (2 5-ounce cans) or chopped tomatoes (1 cup). You may also substitute with Great Northern, chickpeas, cannellini or navy beans
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 297 calories. Fat: 11 grams. Sodium: 288 milligrams. Fiber: 8 grams. Total Carbohydrates: 31 grams. Protein: 20 grams.
Recipe adapted from fns.usda.gov. Image courtesy of Flickr.