Last updated: May 16, 2022
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked and rinsed lentils
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 pound swiss chard, cleaned and chopped
- 1 pound kale, cleaned and chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2-ounce packet of reduced sodium onion soup mix (4 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Place all ingredients in large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is done, 20 to 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Serving size 1/6 recipe: 290 Calories. Total Fat: 4g. Saturated Fat: 1g. Sodium: 540mg. Total Carbohydrates: 52g. Fiber: 13g. Protein: 15g.
Recipe adapted from fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org.