Bureau of Behavioral Health
Recovery Support Services Program
Full-time County Contractual with Benefits
Date Posted: 11.16.21
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Location: 2002 Medical Parkway, Suite 460, Annapolis, MD 21401
Salary: Salary: $15.39/ per hour or $16.50/per hour for certified peers
Benefits: Participation in the County’s group health plan (including dental, prescription and optical), as well as paid holidays and annual and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the County’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: The selected candidate will work within an urgent care environment as a non-clinical, peer-based employee who engages, educates and supports individuals to make the life changes necessary to recover from disabling mental illness and/or substance use disorder conditions. The job duties are educational and coaching in nature. The selected candidate will establish a rapport with consumers in order to screen, triage, and assess their needs. The candidate will also work with consumers and the care team to determine their needs and the appropriate level of care. A key element that enhances and distinguishes this position is that the candidate appropriately highlights his/her personal experience of recovery.
Work Schedule: Core hours for the position are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Must provide a personal statement describing what skills and abilities he/she has to offer
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years of recovery from an addiction or co-occurring disorder. One year is acceptable with a letter from a treatment professional who has personal knowledge of the candidate.
• If not certified, the candidate must complete peer specialist core training, peer counselor or comparable training program from a recognized and approved source within 18 months of starting the position.
• Experience working with people with co-occurring disorders
• No current criminal justice system involvement. Behavioral Health Services will consider the length of time since the last conviction and the type of crime.
• Must have a vehicle available for travel
• Must have a current Maryland driver’s license with a clear driving record
The selected candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; very strong time management and organizational skills; and the ability to work independently and on a team. The selected candidate must also have excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills; an understanding of Anne Arundel County resources; and be proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and electronic medical records.
Education: High school diploma or equivalency (GED). Preference will be given to applicants with an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university, especially in the human services field.
How to Apply
Anyone who meets the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to: Sheri Streit, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Open Until Filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer