Last updated: May 4, 2022
Bureau of Behavioral Health / Recovery Support Services Program
Date Posted: 4.14.22
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Anne Arundel Medical Center/Luminis Health
2002 Medical Parkway, Emergency Room, Annapolis, MD 21401
Salary: Salary: $15.39/ per hour or $16.50/per hour for certified peers
Hours: 4:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m., Tuesday through Saturday
Benefits: Participation in the County’s group health plan (including dental, prescription and optical), as well as paid holidays and annual and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the County’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: Will work within an urgent care environment as a non-clinical, peer-based employee who engages, educates and supports individuals to make the life changes necessary to recover from disabling mental illness and/or substance use disorder conditions. Duties are educational and coaching in nature. Will establish a rapport with consumers in order to screen, triage and assess their needs. Will also work with consumers and the care team to determine their needs and the appropriate level of care. A key element that enhances and distinguishes this position is that the candidate appropriately highlights his/her personal experience of recovery.
Education: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a state high school equivalency certificate. Preference will be given to applicants with an associate of arts degree from an accredited college or university, especially in the human services field.
Experience: Experience working with people with co-occurring disorders.
- Must provide a personal statement describing what skills and abilities he/she has to offer
- Must have a minimum of two years of recovery from a substance use or co-occurring disorder. One year is acceptable with a letter from a treatment professional who has personal knowledge of the candidate.
- If not certified, must complete peer specialist core training, peer counselor or comparable training program from a recognized and approved source within 18 months of starting the position.
- No current criminal justice system involvement. Behavioral Health Services will consider the length of time since the last conviction and the type of crime.
- Must have a vehicle available for travel
- Must have a current Maryland driver’s license with a clear driving record
Desired Qualifications: Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Excellent time management, organizational, written and oral communication skills. Able to work independently and on a team. Have an understanding of Anne Arundel County resources. Be proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and electronic medical records.
How to Apply
Anyone who meets the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to: Human Resources, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Until Filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer