Bureau of Family Health Services
Dental Health Program
Part-Time Independent Contractor
Date Posted: 8.13.19
Date Closing: 8.27.19
- North County Health Center, 791 Aquahart Road, Suite 200, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
- Annapolis Health Center, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401
Salary: $40.00 per hour
Nature of Work: The main purpose of this position is to provide dental services, per dental hygienists scope and standards of practice, to clients seen both in clinic and off-site settings, in order to enhance dental health care provided to Department of Health’s clients and to promote oral health care. This position requires the employee to provide dental care to pediatric clients ages one – 20, pregnant women, and adults who are HIV positive.
The incumbent must be able to maintain appropriate hygiene and sterilization protocols to prevent contamination and spread of infection; to take and develop X-rays; provide oral hygiene instructions; record and maintain patient histories and dental procedures. This position also requires answering phones, scheduling appointments, inputting demographic info using the Patterson Eaglesoft Dental Program, greeting patients, and maintaining adequate dental supply inventories, and any other dental duty as assigned.
Education: Determined by the Maryland Board of Dental Examiners under the licensing requirements for Dental Hygienist.
Experience: Two years’ experience providing dental hygiene treatments and services as a Dental Hygienist.
Licenses, Registrations and Certifications:
• Candidate must possess and maintain a current certification as a Dental Hygienist from the Maryland Board of Dental Examiners.
• Candidate must have an active CPR certification.
• Must have local anesthesia certification.
• Must possess a valid Maryland driver’s license and have reliable transportation, as this position will travel between the North County and Annapolis health centers.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed Anne Arundel County Government application or resume to: Jennifer Ellis, Human Resources, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, HD #18, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 27, 2019.
An Equal Opportunity Employer