Last updated: October 19, 2021
Bureau of Behavioral Health
Full-time County Contractual with Benefits
Date Posted: 10.1.21
Date Closing: Open until filled
Location: 839 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
Salary: $28.00 per hour
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (May require some evening hours.)
Benefits: Participation in the county’s group health plan (including prescription, dental and optical), paid holidays, annual leave and sick leave. The selected applicant may also participate in the county’s deferred compensation plan at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: The Behavioral Health Specialist is a member of a two-person team that supports the County’s Hub and Spoke program. The program is designed to not only further expand access to buprenorphine to those with opioid use disorders residing in the county but will provide the needed coordination to create a robust bidirectional transfer of individuals based on level of need. The team works with the spoke sites to coordinate patient care within the hub and spoke network. The team travels to multiple spoke sites meeting regularly with physicians and other staff to discuss cases; provides assessment, recommendations and referrals; develops protocols; and provides coordination among staff and sites providing services for the individual.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
- Two years of experience in substance use treatment
- Licensed by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors or the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals with opioid use disorders
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Two years of clinical case consultation experience
- Minimum of two years of experience providing treatment training on substance use disorders.
- Experience interacting clinically with agencies and other service providers
How to Apply
Send a completed county application or resume with a copy of their license (Maryland Board of Professional Counselors or Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners) to: Sheri Streit, Human Resources, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, HD #18, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer