- 1/2 medium avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup non-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 28 melba toast rounds (or whole-wheat crackers)
Dice avocado into small pieces, toss with lemon juice and set aside. In food processor or blender, blend cottage cheese, yogurt and mayonnaise until smooth. Add cottage cheese mixture to avocado, gently stirring in onions and carrots. Cover and chill. Serve with broccoli, cucumber and melba toast or whole-wheat crackers.
Makes 7 servings.
Per serving: 120 calories. Fat: 3 grams. Saturated Fat: 1 gram. Sodium: 320 milligrams.
Total Carbohydrates: 17 grams. Fiber: 3 grams. Protein: 8 grams.
Recipe adapted from fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org.