Notice of Funding Availability
The Opioid Operational Command Center (OOCC) is pleased to announce our new Access to Recovery Emergency Gap Funds Grant Program. Through this program, the OOCC will distribute $600,000 in funds that can be used to cover emergency expenses, such as transportation, housing, extended stays in recovery programs, and access to medication. Organizations that work with individuals in recovery, such as recovery-focus community organizations, recovery residences that have been certified by the Behavioral Health Administration of the Maryland Department of Health, local health departments, and local behavioral health authorities will be eligible to receive funding through this program.
The OOCC will fund approximately $600,000 in grants through this program. Interested applicants may request funding between $5,000 to $30,000 to cover costs, including:
- Reasonable costs for transportation to and from treatment, peer services, and necessary government services
- Reasonable costs for recovery housing beds at MCORR-certified recovery homes
- Recovery Community Organizations and MCORR-certified Recovery Residences
- Local Health Departments
- Local Behavioral Health Authorities
How to Apply
Interested parties should review the Notice of Funding Availability, which includes the applicable key dates, application form, application process, evaluation standards, funding specifications, reporting requirements, and more. Additionally, completed copies of the budget template, the application form and document checklist must be included with all submissions. Please contact Khalil Cutair at Khalil.Cutair@Maryland.gov with further questions.
- Request for Proposals release date: September 15, 2022
- Application deadline: October 13, 2022
- Award decisions: October 30, 2022