Prescription Savings Program
- Last Updated: 12.1.14
Phone: 410-222-4531 - Refer to Group #586
What is the Prescription Savings Program?
The Anne Arundel County Department of Health offers the Prescription Savings Program to all residents of Anne Arundel County through ScriptSave, a company that provides prescription savings programs. Residents signed up for the program will receive a prescription savings card that can be taken to any participating pharmacy to receive immediate savings on prescription medications. All prescription drugs are eligible for savings. The savings card provides additional discounts on a variety of other services including vision care, hearing care, diabetic supplies, lab and chiropractic services, medications for pets and more.
Who can apply?
Any Anne Arundel County resident who wants to save on the cost of prescription medications or supplies can get a card. There is no cost to obtain the savings card, and the entire process takes only minutes to complete over the phone or by visiting the ScriptSave website. See how to apply below.
What are the benefits of the Prescription Savings Program?
- Average prescription savings of 37%, with potential savings of up to 75% (based on 2013 national program savings data)
- Savings for you and your entire household
- No enrollment fee or other monthly fees
- No claim forms or paperwork to complete — just present your card at the pharmacy to receive instant savings
- No income requirements or age restrictions
- A nationwide network of more than 62,000 participating pharmacies, with many local chain and independent pharmacy locations
- Mail order option available for maintenance prescriptions
- Discounts on home medical equipment and supplies
- Network of providers and savings on vision exams, eyewear and contact lenses
- Discounts on hearing exams and supplies
- Discounts on diabetic supplies
- Savings on prescription medications for pets
- Quality customer service from knowledgeable Customer Care Representatives
DISCOUNT ONLY - NOT INSURANCE. The Prescription Savings Program is not an insurance policy and does not provide insurance coverage. Discounts are available exclusively through participating pharmacies.
How can I apply or get more information?