- Last Updated: 4.9.15
The Housing and Food Protection Program licenses and/or inspects multiple dwellings, mobile home parks, adoptive and foster homes, and exotic bird facilities; investigates complaints concerning health, housing and safety hazards, including trash, garbage, sewage and wastewater discharges, general nuisance complaints, air pollution, rodents and housing violations; and performs lead paint inspections and recreational waters sampling. The program is also responsible for food facility inspections.
For assistance with the following services, call...
- Air quality complaints - 410-222-7250
- Bed Bug control information - 410-222-7238
- Commercial pool and spa inspections - 410-222-7217
- Complaints of health, housing and safety hazards, such as garbage, sewage and wastewater discharges, and rodents - See map for regional phone numbers (PDF).
- Exotic Bird Permits and pet stores - 410-222-7168
- Group, adoptive and foster home inspections - See Sanitary Survey for Foster and Adoption Homes (PDF). See map for regional phone numbers (PDF).
- Housing violations - See map for regional phone numbers (PDF).
- Inspection of multiple dwellings, such as apartments, hotels or motels - 410-222-0056 ext. 3031
- Investigation of improper medical waste disposal - 410-222-7241
- Mobile home park permits - 410-222-7239
- Open burning fact sheet and license - 410-222-7250
- Pools-Residential Pool Requirements, Permits and Safety - 410-222-7364
- Raccoon Oral Rabies Vaccination Project - 410-222-7168
- Recreational water quality monitoring - 410-222-7241
- Water Quality Information Line - 410-222-7999
- Sign Up for Free Water Quality E-mail Alerts
- Trash Container Program