Health Care Coverage and More...
Last Updated: 11.23.14
https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/espanol/ - Español
Dates to Know
See the Open Enrollment Timeline.
Starting Nov. 9: Compare plans and prices at the all-new MarylandHealthConnection.gov
Starting Nov. 15: Get in-person help enrolling. For enrollment event registration, click here.
Starting Nov. 19: Enroll on your own online at MarylandHealthConnection.gov
Dec. 18: Deadline to apply for financial help with your plan that starts Jan 1. Create a new account and application by Dec. 18 or any financial help you received in 2014 will end, and your coverage will continue at the new, full price. Learn 3 ways to get financial help.
(Enrolled in Medicaid? You'll be contacted to renew.)
Feb. 15: Open enrollment ends for 2015
5 Steps to Stay Covered
- Review: Plans change, people change. Review your coverage and look for a letter from your plan about how your benefits and costs may change next year.
- Update: Starting Nov. 19, go to MarylandHealthConnection.gov and create a new account and application (even if you had one in 2014). Make sure your household income and other information are up-to-date for next year.
- Compare: Compare your current plan with other plans that are available in your area.
- Choose: Select the health plan that best fits your budget and health needs.
- Enroll: Make sure to apply and choose your plan by Dec. 18 to have any financial help you qualify for start Jan. 1.
Then be sure to pay your insurance company's bill by the first day of the month you have coverage.
Having health coverage provides protection and peace of mind if you or your family gets sick or has an accident. Health coverage also provides preventive health care and screenings to help keep you and your family healthy. You may be eligible for Medicaid or a free or low-cost health plan based on your income. Maryland residents are able to go to the Maryland Health Connection to determine their eligibility for Medicaid or private insurance.
Finding a Navigator In Your Neighborhood
Anne Arundel County Navigators
Maryland Health Connection has partnered with insurance brokers throughout the country who can help you understand your insurance plan options and select the plan that works for you and your family. This directory lists those of our Authorized Brokers who asked to be included – this is not a complete list. Click here to view directory.