Peer Support Specialist Lead
- Last Updated: 1.9.17
Bureau of Behavioral Health
Recovery Support Services Program
Full-time County Contractual with Benefits
Date Posted: 1.9.17
Date Closing: 1.23.17
Location: 839 Bestgate Rd., Annapolis, MD 21401
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Participation in the county’s group health plan (including dental, prescription and optical). Paid holidays, annual leave and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the county’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: Non-clinical, peer based individual who oversees the work of 4-5 peer support specialists while maintaining a caseload of 20-30. The activities are educational and coaching in nature. A key element that enhances and distinguishes this position is that the candidate appropriately highlights his/her personal experience of recovery.
- Must provide personal statement describing what skills and abilities he/she has to offer.
- Must have minimum of three years of recovery from an addictions or co-occurring disorder.
- Peer Certification preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must achieve certification as a Registered Peer Supervisor within first 12 months of hire.
- Must complete any other training that is deemed necessary and appropriate.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Ability to maintain effective peer recovery relationships with clients and other members of the care team.
- Strong communication skills with other health professionals, coworkers and clients.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional demeanor.
- No current criminal justice system involvement. Considerations: Length of time since last conviction, type of crime.
- Must have own vehicle available for travel.
- Must have a current Maryland driver’s license with a clear driving record.
Education: High school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED).
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to:
Sheri Streit, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2015.