Nutritionist I or II
- Last Updated: 1.9.17
Bureau of Family Health Services
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program
Full-time County Contractual with Benefits
Date Posted: 1.9.17
Date Closing: 1.27.17
Location: 791 Aquahart Road, Glen Burnie and 3 Harry S. Truman Pkwy., Annapolis
- Nutritionist I - $38,880 - $50,120
- Nutritionist II - $41,358 - $53,431
Benefits: Participation in the county’s group health plan (including dental and optical). Paid holidays, annual leave and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the county’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: The WIC Nutritionist is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating all phases of nutrition education and breastfeeding and outreach at the local agency level in order to promote the agency mission of improving the health status of the pregnant and postpartum women, infants and children who are served by the program. The position will provide some direct supervision and training of WIC paraprofessionals. The work may require travel to various locations throughout the county. Must be able to work independently.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice under the licensing requirements for Nutritionists and Dietitians.
- One year of experience providing professional nutrition or dietetic services.
- Two years of experience providing professional nutrition or dietetic services.
- A master’s degree in public health, community health or nutrition from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle license valid in the State of Maryland.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to:
Sheri Streit, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email email@example.com by September 28, 2015.