Accountant II (Grants Management)
- Last Updated: 10.22.13
Date Posted: 10.17.13
Date Closing: 11.1.13
Full-time County Contractual with Benefits
Location: Anne Arundel County Department of Health, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401
Benefits: Participation in the County’s group health plan (including dental and optical). Paid holidays, annual leave and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the County’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: This position performs budgeting, accounting and reporting functions primarily for the Department's Bureau of Behavioral Health grants-funded programs. Main duties will consist of analyzing financial data to facilitate the preparation of the annual county appropriation request and annual state grant budget submission, preparing quarterly and annual expenditure and revenue reports and performing general ledger activity (e.g., journal entries, reconciliations) to account for and monitor the fiscal activity of approximately $6.6 million in annual grant funds.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
- Experience: One year of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
- Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
- Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
- Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for the required experience.
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send resume to Anne Arundel County Department of Health, Kathleen Newhouse, 3 Harry S Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401 by November 1, 2013.